Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Inventory of the craft store...

My husband tells me my stockpile of craft supplies could be used to open a profitable store. I think you can never have too many supplies. You never know when you might need neon green zebra print ribbon, or hot pink Hawaiian print satin, or ten measure tapes! I gave him my word a few months ago that I would use up some of my stockpile before purchasing new supplies, but I kinda slipped up...


The first offense was at Joann Fabrics. I was out without the kids (that never happens!) and stopped in to take a look see. I proceeded to purchase 2.5 yards of white cotton with embroidery, 2.5 yards
of blue Hawaiian print cotton, 10 yards of unbleached muslin, and 6 yards of bleached muslin. OH, and two economy sized spools of Gutterman thread for the sewing machine. I have plans for the white cotton and the Hawaiian print- they will be summer dresses. I'll use the white muslin for lining (it gets really hot here in the summer, and it'll be lightweight). The unbleached muslin will be curtains for my kitchen, and draping material for making my own patterns. See? All valid purchases! Husband chuckled and I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes. I am quick to tell him he will be thankful of my craft supply stockpile when the zombpocalypse happens and I need to make clothes. He just chuckles and shakes his head.


The second offense happened yesterday. I was at Walmart, and the kids were sleeping in the stroller (also never happens!). SO, I stopped in the craft section, just to look around... Somehow, I ended up bringing home 6 yards of blue shirting material, 6 yards of sheer peacock blue material, and 1/2 a yard of multi-colored blue stripe cotton with silver stripes. I have thoughts for the first two items, but no idea what I'm going to do with the last one. My husband just smirked and walked off when I told him the 1/2 yard of blue fabric looked lonely. I had better start making some pretty fantastic stuff soon to justify my purchases!


As it stands, my current inventory is something like this....
 

Approximately 20 yards of assorted flannel
Approximately 25 yards of assorted cotton

Roughly 10 yards of fleece
Approximately 20 yards of other misc. fabrics  

Some sewing patterns
30 different colors of embroidery floss
About 50 different colors of sewing thread
12 spools of ribbon
1 large cross stitch (30% finished)
3 cross stitch kits I have not started
3 file boxes full of yarn
1 file box full of crochet squares and unfinished blankets
1 file box full of scrapbooking paper, stickers, and ribbon
Assorted beads, sequins, trim, patches, buttons and other notions
Box of acrylic paints, brushes and 2 unpainted Christmas houses. 
1 finished quilt front (no back yet)
1 complete quilt (still need to tie off half of it)
1 king size quilt that is cut out and needs sewn together
All my various drawing supplies, which take up an entire cupboard. 

I better not tell a shrink about this....

No comments:

Post a Comment